The travels and travails of one finding her history, roots and some adventure!

Beginning in 2010 a whole lot of planning, thinking, worring and dreaming will start.
A Pilgrimage to where her father was born, lived and worked will be investigated.
Some items from a personal "bucket list" will be crossed off.
A journey of some thousands of kilometers will begin.
It will truly be an epic journey of a lifetime.
It is through family that I am blessed to have this opportunity.
It is through family that I will discover many new things.

And so it begins.....

Friday, July 1, 2011

O Canada Day

Today is the first day of my leave.
IT'S HERE!
I walked out of St. Mike's last night at 4:30. Took off my ID badge and packed it away for the last time. I was free of the institution for a whole year. Wow.
Did I feel different?
Nope.
I still had the TTC rumble home. That's nothing different.
Still the same for now.

When I got home The Man was there waiting for me and that was different, then we bantered about ideas of something to do for the evening. We decided on the Blue Jays game.
Off to the subway again and downtown.
Now this was different.
We got to the box office and picked up some totally awesome tickets.
5 rows up from the visitor's dug out.
Very neat.
Okay so the Blue Jays lost the game in a really stupid play but just being there with some popcorn and a beer was just so..... different.

I guess my theme for this post is different.
My life, for the most part has been pretty predictable.  Sure there have been exciting things that have happened but between work, volunteer work and my life in Southampton has been well, comfortable. Not that I mind I guess.

Now I'm into something different. Something that will educate, enlighten and enliven me and those around me. I think it will be fun no matter what I get mixed up in.

So, it really hasn't hit me yet that this is the beginning of a year of travels and adventures. I guess it will sometime soon!

But for now....
I'm freeeeeee! Wheeeee
;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment