The travels and travails of one finding her history, roots and some adventure!

Beginning in 2010 a whole lot of planning, thinking, worring and dreaming will start.
A Pilgrimage to where her father was born, lived and worked will be investigated.
Some items from a personal "bucket list" will be crossed off.
A journey of some thousands of kilometers will begin.
It will truly be an epic journey of a lifetime.
It is through family that I am blessed to have this opportunity.
It is through family that I will discover many new things.

And so it begins.....

Monday, August 22, 2011

Monday is shopping day in New Hampshire

Hey there campers.
I'm in outlet store heaven here in North Conway and I think every mother and family is here with their kids going back to school shopping.
It's insane out here!
There was a line up at Applebee's at lunch hour (I went in right at noon hour) when I left and everyone was talking about their strategy for the next purchases.

As I glance out my window right now I see the two mini putt courses are JAMMED! It's 5:30 pm. Shouldn't these folks be going home...
Hmmm
By the look of the licence plates in the parking lot they all have a long drive home.

So, feet tired (I walked the 2 mile strip up and back, back with a load of stuff!) and Little League World Series on the tube I'm happily typing away and listening to the waterfall from the miniputt (yeah, they do shut it off at night, 10 pm to be precise) and the "aaaalllll rriiiggghhhttttt" when someone gets a hole in one on what ever challenging hole their trying.

This is a very comfy place to stay and in my wanderings it looks like just about anywhere on the White Mountain highway is just fine.
One thing I've noticed here is the clean air. Really, it smells clean. I guess I've been near the ocean for 4 of the last 5 weeks and the smell is destinctive. Briney I guess, which makes sense but this is so clean! It's supposed to go down to 40 F tonight "in the valley" which is where we are. The Mount Washington Valley is this whole area and there are a few ski resorts and lots of shopping and restaurants. The winter is equally as busy I'm told.

So much fun in the L.L. Bean outlet and a couple of other stores but I just couldn't bring myself to get to the Corningware store (across the road actually) and I'll do that tomorrow. Sales everywhere but I maxed out in L.L. Bean with some nice shirts and got me an L.L. Bean back pack. I've always wanted one of those. My trusty red one is getting a little tired and this will be good to travel with too. It was on sale. Hey, come to think of it, everything I got today was on sale. Nice.

Tomorrow I'll head to Mt. Washington and might take the cog railway to the summit. Looks like a nice day but it'll be chilly up there. Might actually have to put socks on, and maybe pants! Horrors! I get to wear my new Bar Harbor sweatshirt (with the lobster pattern on the inside) Yay!

Unfortunately due to some technical problems with the Wi-Fi here I have been unable to post the 1 picture I wanted to show you, really only of trees and mountains but technology is always a challenge!

Later!

No comments:

Post a Comment