The travels and travails of one finding her history, roots and some adventure!

Beginning in 2010 a whole lot of planning, thinking, worring and dreaming will start.
A Pilgrimage to where her father was born, lived and worked will be investigated.
Some items from a personal "bucket list" will be crossed off.
A journey of some thousands of kilometers will begin.
It will truly be an epic journey of a lifetime.
It is through family that I am blessed to have this opportunity.
It is through family that I will discover many new things.

And so it begins.....

Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Tomorrow It's Fly away day!

So, like the little ones that get all nervous and excited all at the same time about the first day of school, I too am nervous and excited!

First of all I won't be back at work until May! Wow, that's really cool to think about.
Then I had the pleasure of going to a local establishment for wings and beverages after work "with the boys".

Thanks T for suggesting it. It was a great idea! A super way to start my vacation.

Thanks B for impressing me with eating the "Hotter than hell" St. Louis Bar and Grill Wings. My nose is still tingling with just the smell of the sauce. I don't know how you do it. I hope you have a blast on your travels in May and June. See you in 2012!

Thanks D for lending me the Prague book. I will try hard not to wreck it in my travels and thanks for your suggestions of places to go. I'll have a few more suggestions for you when I return.

I've repacked my knapsack a couple of times and have it down to the essentials that I'll need on the plane and train.
Yes, S, my "carry on liquids" are all packed in the zip lock bag you gave me a few weeks ago. I'm legal. I think!

I'm currently charging all my electronics and the new phone charger I bought (since I left mine up north) works just fine with the Canadian adapter. I'm sure I'll be good with the European one.
iPod and netbook are being charged as I type and that should give me hours of power as I wing my way east.

One more sleep!
I can't believe departure day is TOMORROW!
Yikes!

No comments:

Post a Comment