The travels and travails of one finding her history, roots and some adventure!

Beginning in 2010 a whole lot of planning, thinking, worring and dreaming will start.
A Pilgrimage to where her father was born, lived and worked will be investigated.
Some items from a personal "bucket list" will be crossed off.
A journey of some thousands of kilometers will begin.
It will truly be an epic journey of a lifetime.
It is through family that I am blessed to have this opportunity.
It is through family that I will discover many new things.

And so it begins.....

Friday, April 1, 2011

Day to Day plans in Prague!

Well, here is a snapshot, so far of what I'm in for when I get to Prague...

Thursday April 14: Arrive in Prague at 5:15 pm. via Eurorail from Dresden, Germany after arriving in Frankfurt at 9 am same day.

Friday April 15: Free day (Phew! After 12 hours of travelling I'll need it!)

Saturday April 16-Sunday April 17: travel to Jizerka in the mountains of North Bohemia where Dad worked and there is a museum as well. My Grandfather, who was a famous newspaper writer was born in a town near by called Semily. As I love the mountains this is going to be such a thrill to be there and to have the family history of it all as well will probably be overwhelming!

Sunday April 17: Harrachov, small village where there is a glass producer. I will probably buy some original Czech glass pieces there.

Monday April 18-Friday April 22: The historical town of Prague. Dad's original home, school and other places. There is so much to see that I am looking forward to having so many days to check it all out. I want to see where he rowed, and of course the famous Czech Castle!

Saturday April 23-24 or 25: South Bohemia: this is the location where Dad began his escape from his homeland. The family cottage is there as well. Easter weekend!

Monday April 25-29: Prague and locations near by that I want to visit. As I have always been interested in Holocaust survivors and their stories, I will look into what I can go and see in nearby towns.

Saturday April 30: Depart Prague Airport to Frankfurt Airport and connect to Pearson back in TO. Arrival around 7:30 pm local time.

Somewhere in all of that we're going to try and go golfing!

My cousin V. emailed me the plans today and I'm soooo excited as I read it over and over.
I will have to review my Prague book to see what other things I'd like to include! I can see a number of pints of Czech Pilsner in my future!

Oh yes, I have found out that a beer stein is a "pivo sklo" in Czech. Or at least that's the closest translation I can find. So, V, when we're all enjoying some Pilsner in a Czech bar I'll show you what a beer stein is and you can tell me what the REAL translation is!

So that's the update.
I just thought I'd let you all know!

" az do pozdeji" (until later)

No comments:

Post a Comment