The travels and travails of one finding her history, roots and some adventure!

Beginning in 2010 a whole lot of planning, thinking, worring and dreaming will start.
A Pilgrimage to where her father was born, lived and worked will be investigated.
Some items from a personal "bucket list" will be crossed off.
A journey of some thousands of kilometers will begin.
It will truly be an epic journey of a lifetime.
It is through family that I am blessed to have this opportunity.
It is through family that I will discover many new things.

And so it begins.....

Monday, April 11, 2011

2 More Sleeps...

Well, it's even CLOSER now!

I have packed my suitcase, fanny pack and have a pile of things for my knapsack for the plane.

I've got the Man set up with flight aware to track the plane as it goes and comes back.

I've arranged all that I can arrange.
My to do list is now empty.
Wow!
That is really something!

I have even Skyped V. in Prague and we have had a few conversations already!
I think I'm addicted to Skype!
It's soooo fun to see and hear people that you're talking to.
I hope to use it a few times while I'm there.

I can honestly say that work tomorrow will be rather hazy as I start to get in vacation/travel mode.
The lab is working very smoothly despite one of the team being on jury duty for 2 weeks. I know I'll leave it humming along. The boys will survive without me! I'll send them pictures to remind them of what I'm up to! Hmmm maybe not!

I have spent more time before this vacation organizing technology than I have anything else. The packing is easy. Setting the Mother up on Skype is a challenge but I think we're there. I have touched on all the safety features that I need to for the trip, both financially and for me. I think I'm well prepared and now I'm really looking forward to it. Speaking to V. on Sunday really got me closer to knowing that I am going to be there and see some family history that will astound me I'm sure.

On the weekend I attended a 50th anniversary of my cousins. It was so interesting to learn how they met, what was the first movie they saw together (A Summer Place) and meet members of their wedding party. It was history but it was now. It was meeting people that were there and could give me a little more insight into their life together. It was fun!

As I am provided with the information of my father's family I will become more acquainted with his history and where he came from and, ultimately, where I came from. It will be so enlightening!

I will miss The Man and I know he will miss me. He even requested "Sentimental Journey" from the keyboardist on Saturday night. That was something so special to me. I will remember that as long as I live. It was a beautiful memory to take away with me as I travel. (yeah, he's kind of special!)

So, all that's left is charging all my various electronic devices before the trip and I'm dearly hoping the plug adapter I received for Christmas works well and I can keep everything charged up. I tell you, travel years ago was easier I'm sure with less electronics to worry about.

Right, so I hope to post a couple of times before I fly away!
It's down to the wire now!

Wow!

No comments:

Post a Comment