The travels and travails of one finding her history, roots and some adventure!

Beginning in 2010 a whole lot of planning, thinking, worring and dreaming will start.
A Pilgrimage to where her father was born, lived and worked will be investigated.
Some items from a personal "bucket list" will be crossed off.
A journey of some thousands of kilometers will begin.
It will truly be an epic journey of a lifetime.
It is through family that I am blessed to have this opportunity.
It is through family that I will discover many new things.

And so it begins.....

Monday, November 1, 2010

Reading Material....Tons of it

Well, after sorting through websites and advice and thinking "what if", I decided that a travel agent would be the person that will help me the most in the planning and moving towards booking this adventure.

With my CAA membership card in hand The Man and I dropped in to check out if they were busy at the local CAA store on the weekend. They weren't! Yay!

So, after explaining what I was after, C, the agent, entered all my information in to her snazzy computer and she has my plans in her sights.
This is a relief that I have someone professional making all the inquiries and bookings for me.
I guess I just got overwhelmed at the prospect of trying to do this all myself.
Interestingly though, she seemed to overlook the comments that The Man was making regarding going first class.
Was it our appearance? Did I not stress it enough?
Hmmm
I will email her and let her know that I'd like to travel in some level of luxury. Maybe in the train to Prague? Maybe in my flight over to Europe?
Just interesting that she was trying to find the "best deal". Which, I don't mind, but interesting perception.

This weekend, on my personal retreat weekend, I plan to scour through as many travel books as I can, sticky notes in hand and my "Book of Lists" handily at my side as I put together a Must Do/See list for the cross Canada trip.
The books that I have ordered from the different provinces have begun to arrive. Saskatchewan was first and then PEI. I figure Saskatchewan WANTS people to visit so they're just jumping on any request.

My cousin, A-M, has put me in touch of a former room mate of hers that organizes Heli-hiking tours. Very, very cool! Fly up to a very remote part of the Rockie mountains, hike with a guide, get picked up again and back to the lodge! Wow! Very exciting stuff.

The arrival of the travel guides has really started to make this trip a reality for me. Now I have concrete stuff to make PLANS with.

Wheeee!

No comments:

Post a Comment