The travels and travails of one finding her history, roots and some adventure!

Beginning in 2010 a whole lot of planning, thinking, worring and dreaming will start.
A Pilgrimage to where her father was born, lived and worked will be investigated.
Some items from a personal "bucket list" will be crossed off.
A journey of some thousands of kilometers will begin.
It will truly be an epic journey of a lifetime.
It is through family that I am blessed to have this opportunity.
It is through family that I will discover many new things.

And so it begins.....

Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Pictures...

Plans continue to develop. It's a slow process but I know the days will move along and then my departure to Prague date will be upon me!

My cousin V sent me some pictures recently via email.
I love pictures.
It brings me closer to them, the country and to what I'm going to see.

She sent me a picture of a cottage in the mountains that my father worked in.
I didn't know he did that.
I think there is so much that I don't know about what he did in his life before Canada.
I am so looking forward to learning about that.

Dad told me many stories but I know he left much out, perhaps to protect me, perhaps to protect himself from reliving it.
I know he had struggles, I know he had triumphs.
I know I'll learn as much as I can about all of those things.
I can't wait!

I will take hundreds of pictures.
I want to take it all in.
I want to remember it forever!

There is also a picture of my cousin golfing in the mountains.
This is exciting!
I think I might have to pack my golf shoes!
Imagine!
Golfing in the Czech mountains!
The Mother will be jealous.
I don't care how poorly I play, I'll be in the MOUNTAINS GOLFING! Wow!
I wonder if the courses will be open in April when I am there?
Hmmm,
Another question to ask.

As the days are long with their lack of daylight it's so nice to have something great to dream about!

And so it continues....

No comments:

Post a Comment