The travels and travails of one finding her history, roots and some adventure!

Beginning in 2010 a whole lot of planning, thinking, worring and dreaming will start.
A Pilgrimage to where her father was born, lived and worked will be investigated.
Some items from a personal "bucket list" will be crossed off.
A journey of some thousands of kilometers will begin.
It will truly be an epic journey of a lifetime.
It is through family that I am blessed to have this opportunity.
It is through family that I will discover many new things.

And so it begins.....

Monday, November 29, 2010

A New Toy and Bookings

This is the my first post using my new MSI netbook.
This is the little toy that I'm going to be taking on my travels.
It's really nifty. Small, lightweight and easy to type on.
And it has a camera in it for Skype.
One more thing to figure out! It'll be fun to try it out.
The netbook is just a wee little computer but has so much memory (for pictures and stuff) that I'll be able to install all sorts of fun stuff on it too.
The keyboard is a little smaller than a usual one but actually seems easier to use!

My manager at work has put through the official documentation for my leave.
(Thank you K!!)
It's really going to happen!
I'm really going to do this!
Wow! Now it seems really real!
Oh boy.

Tomorrow I will be booking my week at the dude ranch in Cranbrook.
I save $200 if I book by November 30th. That's tomorrow!!
It seems like some of the plans are so easy to think about and wonder what should I do but now it's coming up to actually booking things.
Makes it very permanent. Very nifty.

I'll be emailing Connie to book my flight to Prague tomorrow too. No time like the present. Get it all done and organized and I can start to tell folks what I'm up to in real terms with dates included.

The next thing is send a list of the things I want to do in Prague to my cousins. There are so many but I have narrowed it down, I think...

I got a travel magazine from California last week. Man, is there a lot of stuff there. I think I could spend a YEAR just in California. I still want to see a Sea Lion and hug a huge red wood. There's so much else though.
I might find that with a lot of states though.

By one month, Christmas is over and it's nearly New Years.
In 5 months I'll be in Prague at this time.
In 6 months I may have my new vehicle.
In 8 months I will be on the road seeing the sights.

Unbelievable!

No comments:

Post a Comment