The travels and travails of one finding her history, roots and some adventure!

Beginning in 2010 a whole lot of planning, thinking, worring and dreaming will start.
A Pilgrimage to where her father was born, lived and worked will be investigated.
Some items from a personal "bucket list" will be crossed off.
A journey of some thousands of kilometers will begin.
It will truly be an epic journey of a lifetime.
It is through family that I am blessed to have this opportunity.
It is through family that I will discover many new things.

And so it begins.....

Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Finding the Right Direction

Plans continue to come together and though the "I want to see/do" list is getting longer the questions mount up too.

I've researched a "dude" ranch or guest ranch as they are also known. This one's in British Columbia!
It offers morning and evening rides, meals, evening entertainment of some kind (like a Wrangler vs. Guest volleyball tournament!), a bar, fly fishing instruction (never done that), trap or skeet shooting instruction (never done that either) and a horse for the duration of the stay.
The horse is "mine" for the time I'm there and I learn to tack it, brush it, feed it and muck out it's stall.
It really sounds rather neat.

I've also be looking at the Oregon trail and the drive down the west coast to California. I'd like to go to Big Sur, the Red Wood forest and see a sea lion in the ocean. 

As you can tell the concrete jungle is getting to me and I'm imagining seeing the "wilds" of North America in the next while. There's so much to explore.

Many folk have offered ideas of things to see and they get jotted down in the trip book to be researched and thought about.

Last week, with the help of the internet, I asked for tourism books and travel guides to be sent to me from all the provinces and many states. The mail box will be filling up soon I hope.

As many people have suggested that I book things for my trip on line it all seems rather foreign and out of touch to do it that way. With time on my side I'm going to go to a travel agent and as them to sort it all out for me. The big stuff anyway. The driving trip I can manage much of on my own.

I'm narrowing down my travels in Europe and would really like to take a train through part of it.
The Alps would be fantastic to see by train I think and with my love of the mountains it seems to obvious to do that. Now I just have to figure out from where.

So as I continue to look forward I'm seeing a plan slowly start to come together.

Here we go!

No comments:

Post a Comment