The travels and travails of one finding her history, roots and some adventure!

Beginning in 2010 a whole lot of planning, thinking, worring and dreaming will start.
A Pilgrimage to where her father was born, lived and worked will be investigated.
Some items from a personal "bucket list" will be crossed off.
A journey of some thousands of kilometers will begin.
It will truly be an epic journey of a lifetime.
It is through family that I am blessed to have this opportunity.
It is through family that I will discover many new things.

And so it begins.....

Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Toys on the List, so far...

As I begin to peruse the travel books and brochures that I have so far for the road trip I think about what "things" I'd like to have along with me.

Well, I need to keep the blog up so I need a computer or access to one.
Add a netbook to the list.

I will be taking a bizzillion pictures I assume.
The Man currently has me in training to take the camera EVERYWHERE and take pictures.
I can always delete the fuzzy ones later but I can't do that if I haven't taken the picture.
Good philosophy...
So, netbook will be handy there.
Might need another disk for the camera.
Add that to the list.

What if I take so many pictures that I want to save them on something else.
Add a larger capacity memory stick to the list...
Oooh! Sale on 8 gig thumb drives at The Source.
That's now off the list.

What about auxilary transportation while I'm on my road trip.
Hmmmm.
A bike!
Great!
Not great if it's hanging on the back of the vehicle for a multi-thousand kilometer trek.
Get a little bike.
Huh???

Research folding travel bikes.
Ah! they do exist!
Go to the local bike/sports store.
Get advice. Go to bike store at Bloor and Spadina that specializes in folding bikes.
Ah ha!
Thinking that a small folding bike (some come with a carrying case!) will fit behind the seats in the back seat of the vehicle.
Very nice idea....
Won't be off roading but will be able to "go for a ride". If I want.

Looked at luggage today in Winners. Still don't know what to do there... Back pack or suitcase type thing for the Prague Pilgrimage.

That's on the list too.

Oh yeah, and hiking boots, and good hiking socks (many pairs),
better get some crease free travelling pants (sounds like a movie to me),
oh yes, and some Czech money; Crowns I think they are... I better research that more...
I think I'll need a list of at least one laundromat in each province and state (I guess I'll have to do laundry at some point along the way) ,
a map of the Oregon trail,
a Cool-a-tron (to keep things cool on the road trip), we used one on the last Girl Guide trip I was part of out east.
and the list just keeps growing and growing.  

I tell you I just don't know how people travel "at the drop of a hat"...

OOoh, a hat! I'll need a hat....
probably a touque too....

EEEEKKK!

No comments:

Post a Comment