The travels and travails of one finding her history, roots and some adventure!

Beginning in 2010 a whole lot of planning, thinking, worring and dreaming will start.
A Pilgrimage to where her father was born, lived and worked will be investigated.
Some items from a personal "bucket list" will be crossed off.
A journey of some thousands of kilometers will begin.
It will truly be an epic journey of a lifetime.
It is through family that I am blessed to have this opportunity.
It is through family that I will discover many new things.

And so it begins.....

Sunday, December 5, 2010

BOOKED!

Well ladies and gentlemen it's finally happened.

I'm booked!
I fly to Frankfurt on April 13th in the evening to catch the train to Prague. I should be there later in the afternoon on the 14th of April.
Then I fly back to Canada on the 30th of April.
This is something that been in the works for simply years.
Though I don't have the tickets in my hands yet, the agent is looking after all the logistics for me.
Wow.
That's all I can say at the moment.

Over the past few days I have been going through all the paper in my life.
It all started with a friend D wanting some binders for courses she teaches.
I have many binders. So many I didn't really know how many.
Oh dear!
It's amazing how much we do electronically and how much we didn't years ago.
So, I started going through the piles of documents, safely stored in binders in bins in the basement.
Some were 15 years old.
Oh dear.
After 4 recycling bags (the big ones) I have reduced my paper foot print significantly.
Now I'm thinking that I when I go away, I want to come home to a nice neat place.
I know some of you are laughing.
Neat?
Okay, so neat for me.
I'm not getting rid of some of my nicknacks. They all have meaning.
I have reduced them significantly though.
I'm proud of that.
The Man bugs me about that, especially since I "nicknacked" his entertainment centre with decorations last weekend. :-)

Christmas is coming. I don't usually decorate in Toronto much, save for a few lights and some bows and things on the blinds to jazz it up.
This year I've decided to do a little more as I don't know how long I'll be in here next Christmas, I may only be passing through on my way to another adventure.
I have my glass sleigh out, Christmas lights all over the place (in the kitchen too!) and the cactus plant has garland around it.
It's starting to snow outside, just lightly but that helps with the whole decorating mood.

As each milestone comes along I think that I might not be around in Ontario next year to see it.
What a feeling. Where will I be? What will I be doing?
At this point, who knows.
It will all come together.

Next booking is for Three Bars Ranch.
They are calling me back next week to confirm the time and duration I am selecting.
Again, it's all starting to come together.

My manager, K , saw me the other day and she said again how excited she is for me.
Seeing her joy and the support of my friends (thanks A for the suitcase, it's gonna be perfect, hmmm, wonder if it's been to Germany and the Czech Republic before) makes the planning all that more exciting.

There certainly is a sense of relief having the travel plans made more concrete.
Phew!

Off to find more decorations...

No comments:

Post a Comment