The travels and travails of one finding her history, roots and some adventure!

Beginning in 2010 a whole lot of planning, thinking, worring and dreaming will start.
A Pilgrimage to where her father was born, lived and worked will be investigated.
Some items from a personal "bucket list" will be crossed off.
A journey of some thousands of kilometers will begin.
It will truly be an epic journey of a lifetime.
It is through family that I am blessed to have this opportunity.
It is through family that I will discover many new things.

And so it begins.....

Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Questions, Questions....

My mind is constantly whirring, thinking, planning, "what if-ing". I have months to go before I leave for Prague and then my road trip but there is so much to think about.
I have started a "Book of Lists". There is too much for my little brain to hold.
EEEKKK!!

First off I have discovered what it will take, financially, to keep up my pension at work.
When I've put in this many years of service, I don't want to lose it.
Then benefits. What do I need to do to keep those up while I'm on my Pilgrimage?
Right, check that off the "investigate" list.

Little things like do I need a visa (the document, not the card) to travel to the Czech Republic?
What about Czech money? Where do I get that?
OH my brain's overloading.
One thing at a time....

When I set up this blog I meant it to be a report on my pilgrimage not only to Prague, Czech Republic but also my travels across Canada and the States.
There's so much to plan for that too.
I like to have plans set down, for the most part, I like to know what I'm going into.
But
I've never done anything like this before.
I'm glad I have time to figure it out.

A member of my extended department at work just came back from 3 weeks travelling the east coast. I need to pick her brain. What was good, what wasn't?
Another friend told me about a Boston Beer Festival held in June.
Oh my...
I need to add these all to the list.
What would I like to see? What are my "must do" events and attractions?

Some folks have asked if it's hard to know that I'm going on these adventures but they're not happening for some time.
I say, that's perfect!  I need the time to make the best plans all work out and fit in as much adventuring as I can.

Oh yes, I want to go to a working Dude Ranch in the West too!
More to figure out....

No comments:

Post a Comment