The travels and travails of one finding her history, roots and some adventure!

Beginning in 2010 a whole lot of planning, thinking, worring and dreaming will start.
A Pilgrimage to where her father was born, lived and worked will be investigated.
Some items from a personal "bucket list" will be crossed off.
A journey of some thousands of kilometers will begin.
It will truly be an epic journey of a lifetime.
It is through family that I am blessed to have this opportunity.
It is through family that I will discover many new things.

And so it begins.....

Wednesday, October 20, 2010

To Be Free...

As I travel on a crowded subway to and from work or look around the busy streets of Toronto I wonder what it will be like to be free.
Free of the commitments of work,
of HAVING to be there.
What will it be like to be free of the congested travel of the subway?
Will I miss the chaos?
Doubt it.
Will I miss the convenience of "having someone else do the driving"?
Maybe.

Last weekend I travelled to Niagara Falls to play a couple rounds of golf with a good friend B.
She is a good golfer.
I'm passable.
It was fun.
The weather was perfect.
The plans worked perfectly.
My golf score wasn't great but...
it didn't matter.
For 2 days (3 if you count the day off after the trip) I was free.
I was a tourist.

I have to get into tourist mode.
I spend my weekends with The Man and the beloved dog in a touristy area of Ontario but we aren't tourists. It's our life there. We have commitments, friends, places to live. We don't act as tourists. We organized, plan and strategize our time together, as it is limited. I have to get back to the crowded city....where I don't always feel free.

To be a tourist is to be free!
Interesting concept.

In the coming year I plan to investigate this concept FULLY!

No comments:

Post a Comment