The travels and travails of one finding her history, roots and some adventure!

Beginning in 2010 a whole lot of planning, thinking, worring and dreaming will start.
A Pilgrimage to where her father was born, lived and worked will be investigated.
Some items from a personal "bucket list" will be crossed off.
A journey of some thousands of kilometers will begin.
It will truly be an epic journey of a lifetime.
It is through family that I am blessed to have this opportunity.
It is through family that I will discover many new things.

And so it begins.....

Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Where will I be?...

When I plan something as big as what I think I have in store for me I am already putting plans together for NEXT year at this time.
Will I be in Ontario?
Who knows...

As we watched the "Thanksgiving Classic" from Winnipeg I thought "that would be fun to go to next year".
Hmmmm

Someone, on the weekend, suggested I be in California on New Years Day 2012 to go to the Rose Bowl.
Hmmmm
(Can you tell I'm a football fan?)
Where to start? Where to end?

It's such a strange feeling to be "unscripted" in my plans.
All my life I have been scripted in my agenda, times, schedule, departures and arrivals.
What's it like not to have an agenda?
To go somewhere and see something just because you can.
Most people I know NEED to have an agenda to feel they are contributing to what ever they are doing or being. I've fallen into that trap. It's very strange to know it might not be that way in the coming year.
Selfish?
Everyone is telling me this adventure is one of a lifetime.
I have to keep remembering that...

So far all the plans have been fitting in so well. I have contacts in Texas, Florida and Arizona..
Hmmmm
Someone told me tickets for the Phoenix Coyotes games are only $20.00.
Hmmmm

But I digress...
The book of lists is getting longer.
Then my co-worker lent me a book on Prague.
Oh my!
There is so much to see!
The lists continue to grow.
My Prague cousin has told me that they have plans to show me all the places that were significant to my father.
Wow!

This is GREAT!

No comments:

Post a Comment