The travels and travails of one finding her history, roots and some adventure!

Beginning in 2010 a whole lot of planning, thinking, worring and dreaming will start.
A Pilgrimage to where her father was born, lived and worked will be investigated.
Some items from a personal "bucket list" will be crossed off.
A journey of some thousands of kilometers will begin.
It will truly be an epic journey of a lifetime.
It is through family that I am blessed to have this opportunity.
It is through family that I will discover many new things.

And so it begins.....

Thursday, June 9, 2011

Getting Closer....

Okay folks, time's a-ticking here.
Only 12 working days to the completion of my paid time at St. Michael's Hospital before I start the WAAAHHOOOO journey.

On June 6, 2011 I began my 25th year at St. Michael's in Pulmonary Function. 24 years are done. History. Now it's on to new stuff.
Well, not quite yet. I have a few days left to complete before I can escape the confines of the 6th floor of 30 Bond street and begin a well deserved (at least I think so) break from the routine.

The Equinox is working out nicely and the packing lists have begun to be checked off (okay so there's only one bag packed already but I have my LIST of things that I'll need to take with me.
I have my plan in place and will take some serious time in the next couple of weeks to start to book some of it. For security reasons I'm not going to publish where I'm going to go, you'll just have to keep posted on this blog. Really though I might change my mind as I go, all dependant on weather and how I'm feeling about where I am.

So far on the bucket list for the trip...

  • Golfing in PEI over looking the Atlantic.
  • Scallop dinner in Digby, Nova Scotia
  • Seeing the Blue Nose II
  • The Lobster dinner at St. Andrew's church in PEI
  • Watching the sunrise over the beach in PEI and/or on the Cabot Trail
  • Going to a "kitchen concert" in Cape Breton
  • Visiting the Ben and Jerry's ice cream plant in Vermont

um.... I think that's all I can think of right now but I know there's more...

I know the time will fly and there is so much going on too. There are renovations at The Man's place to over see and some cosmetic work to finish up there. There are events, dinners and things to do in T.O before I head out and there's the cottage to tend to. 
All is keeping me busy (hence the lack of posts recently) and keeping my mind busy as I try to get it all straightened away.

It's all fun though, it's given me purpose to think of things that I might enjoy to do. Everyone I've spoken with is telling me what an amazing opportunity this is and I'm so looking forward to it. Work has been a great source of pride for me but now, I can see what it has done and is doing to me both physically and emotionally. I need a break. A "not just a vacation" break. I have come to the realization that I am not as energized towards my day to day life. I've done it so long that there is a routine that's engrained and that needs to change. I know I will come back from this year a different person and one that is going to look forward to the work ahead. Sure, I can hear some of you saying "right, she's not going to want to come back to work". Well, I know that has crossed my mind but for those that know me well know that I do like routine and I enjoy routine. Right now I need something to shake that up and make it fun to get up in the morning again.

I think my plans will do just that.

No comments:

Post a Comment