The travels and travails of one finding her history, roots and some adventure!

Beginning in 2010 a whole lot of planning, thinking, worring and dreaming will start.
A Pilgrimage to where her father was born, lived and worked will be investigated.
Some items from a personal "bucket list" will be crossed off.
A journey of some thousands of kilometers will begin.
It will truly be an epic journey of a lifetime.
It is through family that I am blessed to have this opportunity.
It is through family that I will discover many new things.

And so it begins.....

Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Missing European Weather

It's only been a few weeks (3 1/2 to be exact) since I came home from Europe and I can really understand why Canadians/Ontarians have been complaining about the weather.
It's raining again here in Toronto as I write this post.

The Mother's basement is continuously flooded, she has 3 quotes to get it fixed. She's not a happy camper.

The Man's basement has intermittent damp issues. He's awaiting the person to come and fix it. He's finding this challenging.

The local hardware store is out of sump pumps and the vacuum store across from the apartment is advertising shop vacs which are good for sucking up water
Ho hum.

The grass is green though!
My new car hasn't required a wash yet.
I figured out how to use the rear wiper on the car while driving home in the dark from the cottage on Monday night AND we had a nice campfire to roast huge marshmellows on the long weekend (okay the heavens opened up when we were done).
These are good things.

As the driving plans are coming together now for the eastern trip I have had fun figuring out how long it will take me on any given day to drive to where I want to go. Though the rain falls outside (I have a packing plan for all my rain gear) I have my maps spread across the table and I am calculating driving distances and locations. I am hopeful the weather will improve before I start out but I'm going regardless and not having a specific journey detailed means I can change it if I want/need.

We have such a great country and I'm soooo looking forward to investigating it.

As people have told me I may find the year going quickly but that's okay, what I have packed into it I may need to rest a bit.

Hmmm I think I'll try being a snow bird. That sounds restful. I think I've got something picked out for that adventure too.

wow, I love it when a plan comes together!!!

Bring on the sun (hopefully, soon, right???)

No comments:

Post a Comment