The travels and travails of one finding her history, roots and some adventure!

Beginning in 2010 a whole lot of planning, thinking, worring and dreaming will start.
A Pilgrimage to where her father was born, lived and worked will be investigated.
Some items from a personal "bucket list" will be crossed off.
A journey of some thousands of kilometers will begin.
It will truly be an epic journey of a lifetime.
It is through family that I am blessed to have this opportunity.
It is through family that I will discover many new things.

And so it begins.....

Friday, January 7, 2011

Happy New Year 2011

Well it's the year of the traveller (with apologies to the Chinese calendar that always has a "year of...)
This is the beginning of the calendar year that will hold the beginning of my travels.
I've figured out that the number of months that need to elapse before the travelling starts will pass by quickly if I don't think about it all that much.

Christmas was fun with many folks asking what the plans are. Most who know me know that I plan things quite thoroughly and were shocked when I said that for most of my tours I have no idea what I'm going to do. Other than the dude ranch which is booked and seems to be a popular choice with my friends and family, there is some wonder to where I'll end up.

The possibilities so far might be:
 Las Vegas in October when a group of my cousins are going there. I'll just meet them when they arrive there. I will be in the west anyway I figure.

I'd like to go to Graceland. Right, that Graceland. I'm not a drop down drag out Elvis fan but I love people that followed their dream and did/dressed/sang the way they wanted to. It's in Nashville. I'm sure I can fit that in somehow.  I've been to Dollywood so I need to round it all out with Graceland.

I think I'd like to try a short cruise. I've never been on one and The Man doesn't do boats soooo why not go on a cruise. No real desire to go any one place. Just something that sounds kind of neat and I'd see some kind of different flora and fauna.

As the whole trip becomes more focused (ie. gets closer) there is a list of possibilities that is working it's way into an itinerary.

My research in the next little while is health travel insurance and how much money and what type to I need for my trip to Europe. Oh yes and a trip to the Tilley store with my Christmas gift certificates.

Happy New Year to my blog readers, may it be adventurous for you all too!

No comments:

Post a Comment