The travels and travails of one finding her history, roots and some adventure!

Beginning in 2010 a whole lot of planning, thinking, worring and dreaming will start.
A Pilgrimage to where her father was born, lived and worked will be investigated.
Some items from a personal "bucket list" will be crossed off.
A journey of some thousands of kilometers will begin.
It will truly be an epic journey of a lifetime.
It is through family that I am blessed to have this opportunity.
It is through family that I will discover many new things.

And so it begins.....

Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Let the cramming begin...

Well, I think I'm organized.
I mean, I've gone through all my stuff and think that I've got everything organized to cram into the Equinox.
This is going to be a challenge.

You see this is the stuff...

And this is the stuff from the kitchen....
Oh, then there is the folding bike....


And the golf clubs, golf shoes and the folding chairs....


And the Kool-a-tron...

But most importantly....

There it is. All of it. Yikes!!

I have been planning the packing part for a while and I think it's best if I take my time. I know I can fit it all in. It's just where.

If you're wondering about all the kitchen stuff the owner of Paradise wants NOTHING left behind so despite my best efforts to use things up as much as possible there is still a pile of stuff. Now this can be packed in smaller portions and stuffed where it can go in the Equinox. Some of it will not be needed until I arrive home but some might be used in transit. (Microwave popcorn for a snack after getting off the road).
The little Kool-a-tron is awesome for this. Keeps things cool that need to be. Right now that looks like just cheese slices from the fridge. Most of the hotels I have booked have fridges in the rooms but I have an AC adapter for the unit so I just plug it in and I'm good to go! Neat!

Right now it's nearly 90 F out by the pool and the humidity is off the charts again. Any work done outside is done slowly and with breaks. I can see why people are starting to head out. This weather is brutal for doing anything! Yeah, I even break a sweat reading! The ice maker gets a work out, let me tell you!

3 days to go in Paradise.

I'm not sad. It has been an awesome experience to be here.

With all the bags around I'm getting excited about being on the road again.
Sure I'm a little nervous as the weather dudes reported tornadoes last night in Texas. I hope that I'm not in a tornado alley in Memphis! Oh well, one more thing to experience on my journey.

The beloved Equinox had an oil change and tire rotation done (only $42!) and is deemed very fit to travel. I'm glad!
Imagine it's not even a year old! So far 42,000 km. Holy COW!

So a couple of days left to tour around and check things out for one last time and do some pool reading (floating on a pool noodle with the book propped up on the side of pool!) Fun!

I'll try to remember to take before and after pictures of the Equinox when I start to pack. I think it will amaze me that I'll get it all in. I know I will but yes, it will be a challenge.

Nearly on the road again....

Cheers all!



No comments:

Post a Comment