The travels and travails of one finding her history, roots and some adventure!

Beginning in 2010 a whole lot of planning, thinking, worring and dreaming will start.
A Pilgrimage to where her father was born, lived and worked will be investigated.
Some items from a personal "bucket list" will be crossed off.
A journey of some thousands of kilometers will begin.
It will truly be an epic journey of a lifetime.
It is through family that I am blessed to have this opportunity.
It is through family that I will discover many new things.

And so it begins.....

Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Super Equinox and 36 days to work

After a final drive in my Pontiac G5 from Toronto to Owen Sound on Friday I arrived at the Chevy dealership to see my new Equinox sitting proudly out front all shiney and new.

Papers to sign, a cheque to write and a whole lot of learning later (poor S spent 2 hours with me showing me everything this nifty vehicle does) I was driving into the sunset, literally, to Southampton to take the Man on his first trip in my Equinox.

You know, when you get a chance to do something in a big way it's really quite exciting. Never have I bought something like this, with all the bells and whistles. With toys on it I don't know if I'll ever figure them out totally but boy are they nice to have. Sure, I've bought new cars before but nothing like this puppy!

On Saturday we drove around and figured out the navigation system. The Man played a DVD in it while we were stopped at the cottage and I figured out how to plug in my iPod to play my song list. I moved the seats around, figured out the remote start and thoroughly enjoyed driving around in the sunshine with the sun roof open. I've never had a sun roof before. Pretty cool!

Is it too much vehicle? Maybe but for the second part of my pilgrimage it will be perfect. I know I will be so comfortable and safe in this vehicle. oh yes, it's my favourite colour in a car too. White. Nothing beats a nice, clean, white car. Very slick.

I have, as of tonight, 36 working days left before I leave. Can you believe it? I can't the time is just flying by and I hope it slows down while I'm gone. I have so much to do  before I leave again but I'm fairly organized and will get all the things done I need to. I'm still recovering from the European Pilgrimage so I don't want to put that totally behind me yet.

Hopefully this weekend I will get the cottage opened up and the plumber will come to get me hooked up again for the season, though a short one I am so looking forward to being on the front porch on a nice sunny day and enjoying my time there. It's where I really relax. This summer will be a little different this year!

A year ago I had no idea I would be in this frame of mind, with a new vehicle like the one I have, planning the coming months in the way I am. I am still so grateful to the family members that thought of me as much as they did to give me this opportunity.

The next adventure awaits!

No comments:

Post a Comment