The travels and travails of one finding her history, roots and some adventure!

Beginning in 2010 a whole lot of planning, thinking, worring and dreaming will start.
A Pilgrimage to where her father was born, lived and worked will be investigated.
Some items from a personal "bucket list" will be crossed off.
A journey of some thousands of kilometers will begin.
It will truly be an epic journey of a lifetime.
It is through family that I am blessed to have this opportunity.
It is through family that I will discover many new things.

And so it begins.....

Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Time Marches On

No matter how hard we try we can't stop time.
The second hand, or in the digital age, seconds, tick away and there's nothing we can do.
I am enjoying the fact that the Europe trip is getting closer.
Each day I'm thankful for the organization skills I have at the approaching trip and my year off.
Strangely everything seems to be fitting into place.

I know once I'm there I'll be dreading coming back. It's going to be such a different way of life and new challenges.

Tonight I finished installing my Kobo e-reader on my netbook. I realized that I'll need that installed to charge it when I'm away. I have some books that I'll take with me but for space reasons the e-reader will be the way to go.
I was multi-tasking tonight too. Writing little notes in a journal of days, as I call it, which outlines highlights of the day and where I am and what I'm thinking about. This will become more significant when the trip actually starts.
Time will march on and I'll probably forget what I'm thinking or feeling in a few years. No, correct that. I WILL forget.
A trip journal is something I've always kept. This is for a long time though! Got to get the practice in before I get in the touring mode.

In our lives we remember significant events, sometimes to the hour that the event happened.
Time is continuing to heal The Man's and my heart as we miss our little fuzzy pal. Distractions are a way to have time pass without feeling. As we move to happier times I know I'll begin to see the fun in things and have a spring in my step again rather than be more business like.
It's the beginning of March. That means that SPRING is coming and for some reason this year I'm really looking forward to it.
New growth.
New life.
Milder temperatures.

And time marching on to my flight to Europe.....
Yay!

No comments:

Post a Comment