The travels and travails of one finding her history, roots and some adventure!

Beginning in 2010 a whole lot of planning, thinking, worring and dreaming will start.
A Pilgrimage to where her father was born, lived and worked will be investigated.
Some items from a personal "bucket list" will be crossed off.
A journey of some thousands of kilometers will begin.
It will truly be an epic journey of a lifetime.
It is through family that I am blessed to have this opportunity.
It is through family that I will discover many new things.

And so it begins.....

Saturday, March 12, 2011

Final Leg of Prague Arrival Good to Go!

Well it's finally done.
All parts of the trip are finalized.
My travel agent has received the up to date rail schedule from Europe and now I have a train ticket from Frankfurt to Prague.

Wow
The "trip bags" are getting more organized and there seems to be a few things I need to get before I go but heck, I could go tomorrow! I'm ready now.

When things get organized or fall into place there is a sense of "aaah" and it's all good. I can relax and think of the little things I might not consider if I was rushed or stressed.

The extended gang at work is learning of the trip and what plans I have. When I tell them "I won't be around next year at this time" I get a strange look and then I remind them what's up. It's weird they say because I've always been there. I'm the longest serving, save for one of the physicians, that's been in the department. Weird.

Yesterday I had a short but great visit with my former charge tech, L, (if I said "old" she'd kick me in the shins for sure). She was always bugging me to get over to the Czech Republic and being German she didn't quite understand why I didn't get off my horse and go. A time for everything I guess.  I did have fun telling her I was going, finally. Every time I tell someone I get excited about what I'm going to see and what I'm going to do.

The journey will be a long one. I leave Toronto at 5:30 pm on the 13th and arrive in Prague 24 hours later. There is a time change but I'll still be on Toronto time when I arrive. I'm sure adrenalin will keep me up.

The true count down begins!
One month to go.
Who knew a year ago this was going to happen.
Wow, what a difference a year can make.

No comments:

Post a Comment