The travels and travails of one finding her history, roots and some adventure!

Beginning in 2010 a whole lot of planning, thinking, worring and dreaming will start.
A Pilgrimage to where her father was born, lived and worked will be investigated.
Some items from a personal "bucket list" will be crossed off.
A journey of some thousands of kilometers will begin.
It will truly be an epic journey of a lifetime.
It is through family that I am blessed to have this opportunity.
It is through family that I will discover many new things.

And so it begins.....

Monday, March 21, 2011

Tickets in hand and a new Equinox

Well folks, it never ceases to amaze me how things are coming together for this coming year.

My tickets for Prague arrived in the mail on Friday and all is good to go.
This is always a thing I worry about...
I need the tickets in my hand to make sure that things will really happen.
Well, I have my tickets so I guess it's happening for real.
Now I'm getting excited.

On Saturday The Man and I were in Owen Sound settling up some renovation things for his house and I wanted to go by the Chevrolet/Cadillac dealer to look/inquire/make an appointment to see/test drive a new Equinox. As it happens a very nice young man (I can say this. I'm grey now) came out of the show room to help us. I told him what I was after and not long later we were test driving a 6 cylinder Equinox, then a 4 cylinder and at The Man's request, a Cadillac SRX. It was the 6 cylinder Equinox that impressed us the most. Of course it had all the bells and whistles on it. Funny though, that's what I want. Hmmmm

We went in side the dealership to "talk deal". This is always the fun part. A little give and take on both sides and I'm a happy girl. I've always enjoyed "making a deal" and making things work out for the best, for both sides but I know what I want and eventually I'll get it. :-)
We were actually dealing with the grandson of the owner of the dealership and even his father works there too. That means something to me. Family business means they care about customer service. I'm a customer that cares and I know I'll get good service.

After 2 hours of back and forth and checking and re-checking I will be the proud owner of the White (naturally), 6 cylinder (grrrr think TRUCK), All Wheel Drive (Rockies here I come), fully loaded (you name it, it's in it) 2011 Chevy Equinox in May some time. The vehicle needs to be built and delivered from Ingersol.
Right, did I tell you it has an 8 speaker, 40 watt Pioneer sound system? I'll bounce down the road, forget the traction control.
Oh yes and it has a nifty feature of a reverse camera that shows what you're backing into or not, as the case may be.
Excited? You betcha!
This is the first time in my life I've bought a vehicle that has EVERYTHING on it! I better like it, I'm going to have it for a while.

Today is Monday and there are things I need to make sure are checked off my to do list as it's only a few weeks until Europe.
Time seems to be moving along and all seems to be working out in a great way...

Vrrooomm! I'll post a picture when I get the new ride!

No comments:

Post a Comment