The travels and travails of one finding her history, roots and some adventure!

Beginning in 2010 a whole lot of planning, thinking, worring and dreaming will start.
A Pilgrimage to where her father was born, lived and worked will be investigated.
Some items from a personal "bucket list" will be crossed off.
A journey of some thousands of kilometers will begin.
It will truly be an epic journey of a lifetime.
It is through family that I am blessed to have this opportunity.
It is through family that I will discover many new things.

And so it begins.....

Monday, February 14, 2011

A Journey Woman on the Road....

Today someone asked me, at a meet and greet, at work to explain what my next year was to hold.
She knew of my impending travels and was excited for me to share so I did.
A room full of people were so thrilled and many said "oh I wish I could do that".
Well, I never thought I would do it either but you just never know.
Really you don't.
Some expressed surprise that I was going on this journey on my own.
Well, I'm really not. I have everyone that wants to go on a trip like this along with me. That's a pretty neat feeling.

I have found a website that is very helpful in the small detail planning of my trips.
It's http://www.journeywoman.com/
Very neat.
It gives all the possible questions I have answers.
So many times over past few months I have been wondering "what should I do if..." or "how should I approach this..."
Many of my friends have travelled either as couples or for business. I'm doing something a little different and there are specific questions that I have.
This website gives me a fantastic way of researching all of those questions.
I highly recommend it to anyone going on a trip either alone or with someone the tips are great.

Planning and reading before hand makes the excitement grow for the travels.

This is great!
Can't wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment