The travels and travails of one finding her history, roots and some adventure!

Beginning in 2010 a whole lot of planning, thinking, worring and dreaming will start.
A Pilgrimage to where her father was born, lived and worked will be investigated.
Some items from a personal "bucket list" will be crossed off.
A journey of some thousands of kilometers will begin.
It will truly be an epic journey of a lifetime.
It is through family that I am blessed to have this opportunity.
It is through family that I will discover many new things.

And so it begins.....

Saturday, December 11, 2010

Another Booking!

I now know where I'll be in part of September of 2011!

The Three Bars Guest Ranch outside of Cranbrook BC.

One of my bucket list things. Something I've always wanted to do.
Go to a dude ranch.
Don't really need to herd cattle, though that would be interesting to learn, but want to spend some time wandering in the moutains on horseback.
Always loved horses and love to ride.
Maybe because I was born in the city.
I love the moutains and horses and the outdoors.
This ranch offers it all.

As I read through the requirements and amenities I discovered that I need cowboy boots or something similar.
Well, if you know me, my body type just doesn't lend itself to cowboy boots.
Really!
Thanks to my inherited bow legs (thanks dad) and shortish stature (I'd love to think I'm 5'5" but know I'm not) the addition of cowboy boots is simply laughable so what to do.
Alas, Three Bars RENTS cowboy boots.
Phew!!
Yes, there will be pictures when the time comes but for now I leave with you the image of what it would look like. EEWWW.

Today is Saturday and I've taken a day off.
Really took a day off.
Worked on a few Christmas cards to send out but other than that not a whole lot.
Though rested I can't see doing this nothing part for very long.
Due to some bad weather coming in tonight The Man and I decided that I should stay in Toronto to attend a family dinner and not have to worry about trying to fight through a white out to get back.
Hence a day off.
I know a year is a long time. It's a lot of days.
But I also know that I need to have some things (many things?) lined up to do. Resting is nice every so often but I'm not going to let the days go to waste!


More later...

No comments:

Post a Comment