The travels and travails of one finding her history, roots and some adventure!

Beginning in 2010 a whole lot of planning, thinking, worring and dreaming will start.
A Pilgrimage to where her father was born, lived and worked will be investigated.
Some items from a personal "bucket list" will be crossed off.
A journey of some thousands of kilometers will begin.
It will truly be an epic journey of a lifetime.
It is through family that I am blessed to have this opportunity.
It is through family that I will discover many new things.

And so it begins.....

Friday, April 19, 2013

Occupying a day or several

I'm getting in the swing of things a little bit more each day.

I have my on line course starting in 3 weeks. I don't know much about what is going to happen with that but I think I'm going to enjoy it. One at a time though, I was thinking I might take two at a time but that might be a little much. I hope it doesn't get cancelled. That would be a bummer. So I can say that I'm a student at Fleming college and Georgian College. Neat!

Over the past several days we've had the wildest weather so I thought I might wander out to have a look at some of the changes Mother Nature has given us. First there were the pretty little purple flowers out back of the house. I'm glad I got the picture when I did because the rain has mashed them into the ground.
 
 
The snow drops have ventured down the slope to the ravine but gamefully hang on and are quite the nice spring show.
 


I'm waiting for the daffodils but it's gotten cold again so they are not budging from the tight pre bloom stage.
As the wind starts to really pick up after the torrential rains we've had it's going to be very interesting what tomorrow brings (snow???) so I thought some pictures today might be a good idea.
I headed up to Sauble Beach to check out the abandoned town. The whole main street was vacant and shuttered. The only happy sign was the one that said that Dairy Queen was opening on weekends beginning May 4th. Oh yeehaw! This is a good thing. The boards are off the front of the place and I can only keep dreaming of my Skor Bar blizzards. Yum.

Sauble Falls is a summer hang out where the water washes gently over the limestone rocks and wanders to the lake. Today, not so much.
A white water rafter would be challenged with this mess.
Really noisy too.
 You can't even see the rocks and shelves that the water is going over.
 A picnic table on the edge...
 I don't know that I've seen that much water heading over the falls.
In some areas the water was higher than I was with it's swells over the rocks.

Now I know we've had a lot of rain over the last little while but this river really shows it. Now if it all works together and gets the level of the lake up we'll be laughing.

Golf courses still aren't open up here and now they're hoping for a dry few days so they can open next week. Everything is completely saturated and it's been so cold that there isn't a hope of surviving a round without long johns on. All in good time I guess. I hope to have a golf lesson next week in Toronto but that's pending on the weather too.

Did we always have April's like this? Maybe it's weird for me because I watch the weather more than I did because I'm in the middle of it and not staring at it from a 6th floor window in downtown Toronto. The weather has never set me back (okay, when they close the roads up here it does) so I just do what I'm planning to do anyway but it seems that everyone wants the warmer stuff to get going.

I must admit that yesterday sitting out on the front porch reading my book was really, really nice. Chatted with the neighbours, said "hi" to the 4 legged friends that were walking with them. (Rockie and Maggie think they're people, not dogs, just say'n). It was great and only wished it could have lasted but the rain chased me inside and it really came down.

I have some "homework" to do as I am meeting with an employment facilitator in Walkerton on Tuesday and she is going to review/revamp/rework my resume and cover letters. All a free service! Nice. I'm all for the free stuff and I certainly need some newness to my resume's and stuff. Looking forward to it. I'm also just enjoying being me. Doing my own thing. Volunteering at PRANCE, meeting people there, connecting with my friends here and getting into a routine. I'm loving it all. Still so much to do but there's no panic and I like that part. All good.

The next part is getting on the golf course!
Nice.
Come on spring... let's go!



No comments:

Post a Comment