The travels and travails of one finding her history, roots and some adventure!

Beginning in 2010 a whole lot of planning, thinking, worring and dreaming will start.
A Pilgrimage to where her father was born, lived and worked will be investigated.
Some items from a personal "bucket list" will be crossed off.
A journey of some thousands of kilometers will begin.
It will truly be an epic journey of a lifetime.
It is through family that I am blessed to have this opportunity.
It is through family that I will discover many new things.

And so it begins.....

Monday, December 26, 2011

I think I have everything I need...

12 hours from now I will be heading west from TO to begin my southern odyssey.
 I've been east, west and south west but now it's just plain south.
I begin my research on snowbirds and what is entailed to be one of those "retired but not ready to sit and do nothing"  people that I've heard about.

So far I'm wondering if the folks pulling a trailer have the right idea. Now, I know that if I had my own place  in the south I wouldn't bring as much as I have,but I just don't know what I might need. Much of it is books and "amusement" things like that. Some of it is clothes, yes, and I know I've probably over packed with that type of thing. I just don't know what I'll need.
Ho hum.

Christmas is done for 2011 and for me that means seeing some cousins I don't see except at this time of year and we spend some time catching up and figuring out what each other has been doing. There aren't any "little ones" in our group and the teens come and go and hang with their friends as well as us. It's an open, swinging door where ever we all are and it's neat to see everyone having fun. Next year there will be a baby as my cousin A is very pregnant right now and is looking forward to losing the basketball she has infront of her. I give her credit, since the age of 12 she has wanted to get married, have a nice home and children. She's stuck to her dream and a couple of years married her love J, after many years of dating, has a little home and now they are having their first child. I have another cousin, T, who is a miget race car driver and I love hearing how animated he gets when he explains how his car works and what could make it better.

All these things make the Christmas get together a lot of fun. It's a time for family and  that's exactly what it is.

So after checking all my "to do" lists I think I'm just about ready to head out.
I can't believe that this time has finally come, the planning, thinking, organizing is down to this.
Wheeee!

Gee, I hope the border folks are nice and we can really get on the road!
2,400 km from here to there.
Piece of cake really.
The Equinox is ready to go.

The pilgrimage continues.

Cheers all!

No comments:

Post a Comment